This is an online course for complete beginners to learn about Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA). By the end of this session you will understand what CVA is, and understand how CVA works in humanitarian settings.
By the end of the course you’ll be able to:
- Define cash transfer programming, including key terminology and definitions, and state principles for good practice in CVA
- Describe modalities, delivery mechanisms and different tools for cash and voucher assistance
- Define preconditions for implementation of cash and voucher assistance
- Explain the relevance of cash and voucher assistance in different humanitarian contexts and advocate for CVA to a variety of stakeholders
- List the key steps and associated tasks for cash and voucher assistance in the humanitarian project cycle
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of different staff functions in the CVA project cycle.