Who we are
With special attention for providing opportunities to women and girls. As an international humanitarian organization we work in the world’s hardest conflict and disaster areas, like Syria, Somalia and Yemen. CARE responds to emergencies and alleviates human suffering caused by conflict and natural disasters. Humanitarian action includes preparation and early action, emergency response and recovery, and it encourages future resilience and equitable development.
This is what we find important in our work
• Equal rights and opportunities for women and girls
• Focus on the causes of poverty and inequality
• Smart and innovative solutions to bring about real changes
• Cooperation with local communities and partners.
CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. Women and girls are at the centre of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
We strive for a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security.
These are our values
• Respect: We respect ourselves, others and our surroundings.
• Reliability: We are reliable and we practice what we preach.
• Devotion: We are committed to our purpose.
• Quality: We constantly challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance in order to achieve greater impact.
More info: click here.