The COVID-19 crisis will bring on challenges, but maybe also opportunities for the humanitarian work as we know it. It will influence developments all over the sector, it could spark new innovations, or become a booster for local leadership. In this dossier we aim to provide insights in these long-term effects of the COVID crisis. On the left you can find the articles, webinars and podcasts produced by KUNO related to COVID-19. Below you can find a selection of articles by relevant humanitarian thinkers on COVID impacts.
- ACAPS (2020): Covid 19 Scenarios
Possible global humanitarian developments over the next six months
- Groupe URD (2020): Epidemics, pandemics and humanitarian challenges
Lessons from a number of health crises
- Here-Geneva (2020): After Covid-19 – Time to reset
By Ed Schenkenberg van Mierop
- IRC Press Release: World Risks up to 1 billion cases and 3.2 million deaths from Covid-19 across fragile countries. Based on Report 12 – the global impact of Covid-19 and strategies for mitigation and suppression by the MRC Centre for Global Infectious Disease Analysis at the Imperial College London.
- The New Humanitarian (2020): Moral multi-tasking in the Covid-19 response
By Hugo Slim
For balanced overviews of COVID-19 related reports, studies, innovations we gladly refer to the following databases:
- ALNAP Covid-19 Response Portal
A vast collection of guidelines, tools, papers and lessons learnt.
- DCHI: Source2Gather
A collaborative platform in response to COVID-19. In order to tackle new humanitarian challenges currently being faced around the world the platform enables organisations across different sectors to rapidly connect solutions, resources, and capabilities.Initiated by DCHI, all organisations are invited to participate, regardless of their ability to scale at the level needed right now. Source2Gather is seeking new ideas and innovations to address current challenges. Join us and submit your contribution.
Let’s get you into the system here. Please note, there is no cost to register and we keep your data safe from commercial means.
- GOARN Knowledge Hub on Covid-19Curated by GOARN Partners including UN agencies, International and national NGOs, academic institutions and consortiums, the GOARN COVID-19 Information is a public platform for access to the best resources available to support your engagement in responding to this pandemic.
- IHSA Humanitarian Blogs Selection
IHSA is trialing a weekly collection of blog posts that relate to humanitarian crises, and the responses to crisis from people, communities, politicians, and humanitarians. In the first place, these will be posts and op-eds on the impact of COVID19 on crisis-affected communities and response capacities.
- Reliefweb on Covid-19
ReliefWeb is covering the COVID-19 Pandemic, focusing on the countries with humanitarian situations, with information from the United Nations, INGOs, NGOs, aid organizations and the donor community.
- The New Humanitarian
The latest Coronavirus data and updates on how humanitarian aid is affected by the Covid-19 crisis.