KUNO Summer Course 2020
After the last two year’s successes, KUNO will organize another Summer Course. In this two-day course, humanitarian academics and experienced humanitarian professionals will discuss all relevant aspects of humanitarian work. A mixture of practical knowledge, debates and working sessions, will feed your brain, enhance your efficiency as a humanitarian worker and strengthen your network.
*** The programme is subject to change due to the Covid-19 crisis. We will update you as soon as something changes ***
Programme July 8 & 9:
- Day 1 morning – Humanitarian Action: History & Trends by Thea Hilhorst
- Day 1 afternoon – Working in the Field by Kaz de Jong
- Day 2 morning – Different Perspectives: ‘the’ donor & ‘the’ global South by Christine Pirenne
- Day 2 afternoon – Innovation in the humanitarian sector by Thomas Baar
The programme will be updated with new speakers in the upcoming weeks. It can be found on our website!
Speakers Summer Course
- Christine Pirenne: Head of Humanitarian Aid, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Kaz de Jong: Mental Health Advisor at Médecins Sans Frontières.
- Thea Hilhorst: Professor of Humanitarian Aid and Reconstruction, Institute of Social Studies.
- Thomas Baar: Policy Advisor at the Department of Multi-Actor Systems, TU Delft.
More speakers are to be confirmed and the programme will be updated regularly on this website.