Workshop: Two-day Introduction to the Core Humanitarian Standard
In 2014, the CHS was launched with the aim of bringing and ensuring better quality and accountability of humanitarian response and aid. KUNO brought the two-day Introduction to the Core Humanitarian Standard of the CHS Alliance to the Hague. A workshop that introduces the framework, address all the nine principles, its practical application, and its verification framework.
- Differentiate accurately between the humanitarian principles of humanity, impartiality, independence, and neutrality, and explain their importance;
- List the nine commitments of the Core Humanitarian Standard and explain how each contributes to the delivery of a quality humanitarian response;
- Give examples of good practice drawn from their own experience, from other participants and more widely from the sector;
- Act as advocates and peer leaders on the importance of quality, accountability and good people management in humanitarian action;
- Facilitate introductory training on the Core Humanitarian Standard within and/or beyond their own organisations.
About the CHS Alliance
The CHS Alliance is a network of over 240 organisations committed to improve their quality and accountability of aid and assistance provided, and commit themselves to uphold and promote the core humanitarian standard. The Alliance supports their member organisations with the integration of the CHS in their operations, practices and organisational structures. They work together with other initiatives on CHS.
Visit their website for more information about the workshop or the CHS Alliance.