With the #BLM debates, and other anti-racism protests, the discussion about the decolonisation of aid got an impulse. Blogs, panel discussions (sometimes very heated) and Tweets stumbled over one another. We witnessed many statements and opinions, but perhaps not so much common ground to proceed from.
With KUNO, Partos, and The Institute of Social Studies (ISS) we took one step back and approached the discussion in a series of talks. Step by step, we highlighted an aspect of this debate. We asked two experts to engage in a conversation with one another to explore the controversies and perhaps find some common grounds.
In the series of dialogues we addressed the following perspectives:
- A historical perspective : podcast and webinar
- A development cooperation perspective : podcast and webinar
- A humanitarian aid perspective : podcast and webinar
- A moral/ethical perspective : podcast and webinar
- The role of the donor : podcast and webinar
Click here for more information on the series.